THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 17, 2011

5/7/11

I have loved both fair and brown, and surely white
All hot as Georgia asphalt on a hot summers day.
And I towed the line forever so blind in thought.

Thinking, they owed me something because of love.
Folks can't give what they aren't capable of giving.
So why should I hang my head in sadness ?

I too gave the best I could but things didn't last.
No sad songs shall I play yet still I might cry.
Just to filter my misery and heal male pride.

I can always change my number, and do whatever
It takes, to forget those I had to leave behind.
Folks can't give what they aren't capable of giving.

I can think about what part I played in this thing.
Perhaps I made an unconscious trip down memory lane.
So why should I hang my head in sadness ?

Today I don't make the same mistakes, I am cautious
And I watch, remember and jot down in memory everything.
Thus far the honeymoon hasn't gotten the better of me.

2 comments:

Vonda said...

Like this. People can only give the best they have to give. So very true. Nice write, Carlus.

cynport247 said...

This piece was so very touching. Great job my friend!